First of all, congratulations on your engagement and your forthcoming nuptials. Wedding planning is such a fun experience, with celebrations, bubbly and no doubt a lot of time spent on Pinterest and Instagram!
Whilst wedding planning is fun, it can be a roller coaster of emotions and at times can seem stressful and overwhelming. You may feel the pressure to keep all your plates spinning in the air; wedding planning, work life, family life, social life and of course time with your partner! This is where a wedding planner comes in and can help you.
Now, I know this is literally like shooting myself in the foot, but hear me out. Nobody NEEDS a wedding planner but there are many reasons why you might WANT to hire a wedding planner. Least of all that it may help you get back on track with enjoying what is meant to be one of the happiest times in your life. Here are some of the reasons why I believe you should consider hiring a wedding planner.
1. A good planner can actually save you money & keep you on track with your budget. It can be easy to succumb to the ‘shiny object’ syndrome when wedding planning and go over your budget. A good wedding planner will not only keep you on track with what you are spending but also will help you apportion your budget wisely based on experience and also what is most important to you as a couple.
2. Weddings can be expensive! You don’t want to waste money (or time) hiring vendors who are not going to give you a quality service / product. Wedding planners have recommended suppliers they know, like & trust! We also recommend people that we believe will be the best fit for you as a couple for your wedding.
3. There are so many aspects to wedding planning! A wedding planner helps you keep those plates spinning (whilst juggling life in general) and is available to to help you with as much or as little as YOU want them to.
4. Less stress for you. Now whilst a wedding planner can’t take away ALL of the stress, they can help to relieve most of it. And also help give you a little perspective when it sometimes feels like everything is spiralling out of control. By hiring a wedding planner you only have one person to communicate with instead of a whole range of suppliers. This can work in your suppliers favour as well as it can make the whole process more streamlined and simple.
5. The legal aspects. Let’s be honest, who reads all the terms and conditions in contracts or even wants to? Wedding planners do! As your wedding planner I will read through every single proposal, detail and contract and I know what to look out for! This saves you time, potentially money and your sanity of trying to digest it all.
6. Did you know that on average it takes around 200 – 250 hours to plan a wedding? One wedding! That’s 31 working days. Now you may think you have all the time in the world free to plan your wedding, but a wedding planner can help take the more time consuming responsibilities away to free you up to enjoy the process much more. A wedding planner can source suppliers, book viewings and appointments for you, create timelines and manage RSVPs for you.
7. Our knowledge. Wedding planners are masters at problem solving and managing expectations. We know our industry, we know our fellow colleagues and we know how to help guide you in the decision making process. We know making decisions is not always easy but our practical knowledge can give you a steer. We know how to handle auntie Brenda on the day, we’ve seen the pitfalls and always have our emergency kit with us at all times. We are also great at listening and offering a friendly ear with some gentle advice.
8. We are super organised! I personally love a checklist, a timeline and a daily to do list. Wedding planners are detail orientated and deadline driven. It is in our DNA to be organised.
9. Understanding you as a couple. A wedding should be about the two of you and incorporate your personalities into it. A good wedding planner will understand this and understand your dream for your big day. They will help you achieve your ideas and ensure that all the suppliers understand and see the same dream.
10. On the day management. Your wedding planner has spent hours working with you to achieve your dream wedding. They will be there on the day to make sure everything runs smoothly and to ensure that you can relax and enjoy the day fully.